International Sites   Help   Login

Canada Edition

Member Forums    Business & Marketing Forum    Displaying Qualifications and Certificates for peace of mind? Post reply
 18-03-2010 01:09:38 PM
Janet
Janet

Hi all
Hope you are all well.
I just wanted to find out how everyone feels about this subject.
Do you think it is necessary and useful to display qualifications, certificates and insurance details as a therapist on websites? Unfortunately there are some therapists that say they are qualified and are not. Do you think this would give clients and employers peace of mind?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Janet x

18-03-2010 01:29:00 PM
Asif
Asif

Hi Janet,

Not sure about displaying them on the website, you can certainly allude to them for sure which i think is useful but printing them on there, no. It also leaves you open to have someone copy it!

Pointing out the qualification is fine I think, and do have them up in the therapy room just to add some reassurance to the client. But at the end of the day, its not the certificates that make you.

Hope this helps

A

18-03-2010 04:18:18 PM
Jon
Jon

I agree with Asif (he's the man) about displaying certificates on your website, however, in your clinic, not only gives your clients a sense of confidence, but it can give you one also.
I used to display mine, however, in my new set-up there is no room. Most of my clients come by word of mouth, so they don't need it and after 15 years, neither do I.

Last edited: 18-03-2010 04:18:39 PM

19-03-2010 10:47:57 AM
Brighton Holistics
Brighton Holistics

I would be careful displaying insurance certs. also. If a client is looking for a scam and see's your insurance cert. this can plant a seed to put in a claim.

I have all my certs. in a presentation folder and if anyone asks I show them the folder. The only certs I have up in my treatment room are memberships certs. to organisations.

Hope this helps, Jon

24-03-2010 11:02:09 AM
Rosemary
Rosemary

Hello Janet!

I agree with everyone who says not to display the certificates on your site. There's nothing wrong with having a link to the professional bodies that you belong to. That helps reassure prospective clients when they can read about the ethics etc of the organisations that you've trained with/are accredited with.

A couple of membership certificates on the wall of your treatment room or waiting room won't go amiss but by the time the client is there, how you treat them is more important than any bit of paper.

Good luck in your practice!

Rosemary

5-08-2011 08:50:30 AM
Michael
Michael

I state on my website what my qualifications and professional memberships are. I understand that it's best not to mention whether you're insured.

24-07-2014 07:21:39 AM
krinika
krinika

Well I do believe the fact with everyone who says not to show the accreditations on your website. There\\\\\\\'s nothing incorrect with having a web-link to the expert systems that you are part of.

For best Marketing Tips
Visit us : http://www.emarketingtipsandtricks.blogspot.com

E Marketing Tips And Tricks | Marketing Techniques | Marketing Tips | Internet Marketing Tips

Last edited: 2-04-2015 05:43:33 AM

Displaying results 1 - 7 of 7 records found

Sponsored Links